We started by priming the shelves that will make up D's new window coverings. While D and I did that, S cleaned, rearranged, and prepared her bedroom for applying a new border and painting more insects on the walls. After the shelves were primed, we primed the princesses. Can you believe it? D informed me this morning that her princesses "freaked her out". So, they're gone.
Next was S's border. Wow...have I forgotten how to do that!!! I only read half the directions and of course...HALF the border stayed up. It was a fiasco to say the least. With three very smart young ladies giving me play by play commentary on how maybe I didn't really know what I was doing... AHHH!! :-) Anyway, we got it up, just to find out we don't have enough to do the whole room. I thought we had it, but you see, we bought the stuff two years ago, so who knows where the rest of it might turn up. We completed two walls for today though and it looks pretty cool. One other lesson I learned, aside from reading the directions completely before starting, is to measure both sides of the space above a closet. Who knew a closet could be seven inches from the ceiling on one side and 7 1/2 inches on the other?!?!
After we cleaned up from that project, we sponge painted a wall in D's room. That turned out AWESOME! She loves it too. We're going to add a bit more color tomorrow, but it was a good start for today and if we don't get to it tomorrow, it will look great for the next 3-4 months until we drag everything out and try again!
Let's see...after the sponging, we primed the other side of the shelf boards and then it was time for the neighbor kids to go home. That's when I found out that one of the neighbor kids isn't quite the painter my girls are...I had to get out the pressure washer and clean up the primer from the cement next. Then, since it was out, I pressure washed a couch cushion that was extremely dirty. It's just a trial because the cushion is an extra, but I'm curious if it will work. The tell all tale will be if the cushion actually every DRIES!
Next came supper, school work, music, reading, bedroom cleaning, more reading, computer time, more reading and sleep for the girls. I say it was quite the productive day. Now, if only I could convince myself to get to bed so tomorrow at work can be as good! I really should get to rolling forward projects and binders for next year's tax season. Doesn't it feel like we barely got through tax season...and here I am prepping for the next one. I wish summer could last just a couple more months because I hate the thought of the girls going back to school evan more than the start of a new tax season.
It sure has been a good summer. I hope I'm ready for the fall!!
No comments:
Post a Comment