Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Last day of summer

Tomorrow school starts and I still feel scattered. I'm just not ready. I spent some time today filling out paperwork and cleaning my office. Then we sat down with the calendars (a new nightly ritual) and planned out what we needed for the next couple of days. We gathered school supplies, volleyball gear, clothing, etc. And the girls are in their beds...not sleeping...but in their beds by 9:00. If it weren't for Nancy Drew, they would have been upstairs 15 minutes ago, but we just HAD to read another chapter. (I'm a sucker for kids who want to hear more of a story!!)

I think my biggest concern starting out this year is that I've lost my motivation to deal with Rangerettes. I just don't want to do it any more. I want to be pigheaded and selfish with my time and talents...and the second my fingers typed that sentence, I felt an amazing guilt. God gave me the talents to effectly lead this group and I shouldn't be feeling this way... Again, I just need to return to prayer. I feel this way about once a year and the second I pray about it, the right words come to me and the notes get written, the meetings get scheduled, and I'm on my way...I just have to do it.

As for my concerns with D...they're subsiding. I think the extra work we did this summer is starting to pay off because she's actively reading on her own and can tell me what's happening (for the most part) in the story. I have yet to ascertain if she'll be able to complete an AR test...but we're getting there.

You know...my mind has gone blank for blogging. All I can think about is "If I get a note out about Rangerettes tomorrow, I'll catch the parents while they're still checking their children's backpacks!!!" :-) See, there I go already. God hears even the softest whispered prayers, doesn't He?!?

No comments: