So, we drove home. I fed her an eggs and toast breakfast, gave her an ibuprofen and a Claritin, and tucked her into bed. An hour later she woke up a changed girl. We climbed back into the car, returned to school, and went on with our day. EXCEPT...I didn't go into work.
I'm feeling guilty for that right now. I should have called. I could have gone in for an hour, but it would have cost me nearly as much money as I would have made to drive across town for an hour and turn around and come home. So, I stayed home.
After seeing C's creations and having my dad cut my boards for my cat post, I had a productive sewing day. I ran to Wally World and bought two tshirts and material to make dresses for my girls. I only got the short sleeved dress done today, but it needs some modifications...I overestimated the size of my eldest daughter so I'll have to trim some off of it before she can wear it. After I finished that project, I almost finished the cat's new tower. Hey...I should show you...just a second...
All I have left is the rope on the last piece of tube and to figure out something to cover the support. The girls are thinking that Fasa needs some sort of ladder, but he's already been to the top twice...I think he can manage. :-)
The bottom part houses his litter box. As we started to design this, we decided that it would be nice if we didn't have to see his box in the corner, so we planned it large enough to put his box inside. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It ended up costing more than I had hoped, but I guess I'm ok with that. I hadn't anticipated buying material for the box, but I just couldn't find anything in my stock pile that I liked. (If my mother could read this, she'd be rolling her eyes right now!!! - - I have quite the stockpile of material!)
Anyway, I'll have D dig out more rope for me tomorrow and this project will be complete. YAY!
Oops...it's after 10. I promised my body I would put it to sleep early, so TTFN!
2 comments:
I love the cat tower! You are very creative! Can we see the dresses, too?
Oh, one more thing... What a great mom you are to realize what your daughter needed! I'm so impressed. Sometimes what our kids need is not what the rules say (be to school on time!) but it IS what they NEED! Go Mom! :)
Post a Comment