It's Friday morning and I can't sleep. No surprise there, D woke up at 3:30 and by the time I re-settled her, I was wide awake and acknowledging the fact that I have a stomach-ache. I know what's causing it, so I should be able to lay back down and fall asleep, but I guess it's just not suppose to happen...so here I am.
Can you believe the week is over already?!? S said it best, "Mom, this school year is going so fast! Can you believe we're in our second week already?!?" No, I really can't. I don't have the lunch program set up. The Rangerette Kick-off isn't planned. I haven't had my back-to-school lunch with my friends...and pretty soon it'll be Christmas. Wow.
It has been a good week though. I know most people get tired of me talking about my girls, and I'm really not intending to brag...I'm just so comletely amazed by them each and every day, that I can't find many other things to talk about! I guess I was so worried when they were little because everyone had a comment..."Girls that close? They're going to fight!" "Wow, two girls in two years, you're in for trouble..." You know what I'm talking about. But I'm just amazed. They don't fight. And this week? They were asking each other's advise on clothes, and how to decorate, and which book should we read together, and "No, you can go first. I went first last time." And the kicker? "Oh mom, we just wanted some time to play together!" Holy sh*t. And they're how old? Sorry for my exclamation, but...like I said, I'm amazed.
OK, I know, I KNOW...we're not to puberty yet. But hey, I'm going to live in my little dream world for as long as I possibly can. I just pray they can maintain their friendship even through life's changing hormones.
So, today, I have the day off. D asked what we would be doing and I said, "Staying home, doing projects, and eating sandwiches." How boring is that?! But at some point, we have to return to school year slumber and not GO constantly. Although...golfing would be fun if the forecast was better. <*snicker*> NO NO NO
The weekend is going to go by fast enough. My parents will be here this afternoon in time for S's first volleyball game. Then, it's supper out with them before they head to Fond du Lac to visit friends. At 8 tomorrow morning I have a church meeting...am I really doing this? Co-director of Children's Ministry for the capital campaign?!?...From 12-2 D has a birthday party and by 4 we need to be in Rosendale for a wedding. Oh, I forgot. S is going to a sleepover after the game Friday night too. Then Sunday D has to work overtime at the Packer game. And finally we prepare for week three of the school year. When is summer vacation?!
Did I tell you we bought fish for the new aquarium last night? Yep...and 3 more for the pond too. I keep forgetting that I kept the outdoor fish inside last winter. If I have fish in the inside aquarium already...what will I do with the outside fish over the winter? My guess is they'll stay outside. I'm going to research what I'd have to do to keep that one flowing during the snow and cold. If it's just a matter of a couple sheets of plywood and running the pump, I think I'll do it.
Well...it's nearing 6:15 and my alarm is going to go off pretty soon. I should run and turn it off so everyone can get a couple of extra minutes this morning. TTFN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment