Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Excitement of the night...

We have many happy smiles around here tonight! S had her 4th volleyball game tonight and they won 3 of 3 games. The kicker though was that she was the last one up to serve and she served the winning score. This is REALLY cool since it was her very first overhand serve to make it across the net. Her and her team were jumping up and down so much, it's a good thing the other team didn't return the ball because they would have missed it! :-) It was very fun to watch.

The other wow of the day was the fact that D took an AR test on the Nancy Drew book and got all 6 points. YAY!! That means she listened, understood, and remembered the entire book. We might get through 3rd grade yet!!

OMG!! There's another excitement of today...I finally finished my scan projects at work. Now, this is kind of a dull yay, but a relief none the less. You see, we are a paperless office. That means that every piece of paper that comes into our office gets scanned into the computer and then recycled. It's very cool to not have to add "filing" to my list of things to do. The bad thing? The person that used to handle all of our internal office paperwork never scanned a thing since 2003. Four years of invoices, payroll records, and the like all piled into boxes that were handed over to me a couple of months ago. I've been sorting, organizing and scanning ever since and today, I sent the last stack through the scanner. It was a killer stack because I had saved it until last. It was our credit card bills with all the attached receipts. ICK! I had to lay them out separately, 3 at a time, on the scanner and inch through the pile. But, finally, they're done. WEEHOOO!

Poor Big D didn't have any excitement. His thrill was to take our sick dog to the vet just to be told they didn't know what was wrong. We get to feed her hamburger and rice for the next several days to see if it solves her problem otherwise, we'll be heading right back there.

OK, well, I promised S a chapter of her book tonight so I'd better get going. Adios!

No comments: